Individual therapy is awesome in that gives you true, 100% time for yourself. We all know that these days it becomes increasingly difficult to make ourselves a priority but how can we be our best selves to others when we can’t give that same treatment to ourselves? Perfection is a fantasy but improvements, insight, change, catharsis, and a developing a healthy mental health are all obtainable through therapy.
Common individual issues not an all-encompassing list
- Ambivalence-present or future
- Stress and anxiety- from Generalized anxiety to Social anxiety and Agoraphobia, only to name a few
- Depression- crying often, lack of motivation, poor night sleep and on going
- Life transitions- divorce, children leaving the home or not leaving these day, new partner and so forth
- Grief over a loss
- Low self-esteem
- Family dilemmas
- Anger problems- lack of anger control
- Gender dysphoria- unhappy with current gender
- Post-traumatic stress disorder- a consequence of personally experiencing or secondhand witnessing to a scary or upsetting event.